Linux System Administrator
Permanent, Full time
The firm is a financial technology startup firm involved in building a FX trading system, spanning reference data, pricing, order execution, post trade systems and market analytics.
The technology team is responsible for core infrastructure facilitating trading of FX between counterparties from trade analysis to trade execution.
Website : https://synoption.com
The Unix/Linux System Administrator is a mid level position (5-8 yrs.) to maintain, backs up and troubleshoot Linux based OS. This position requires in depth knowledge and experience in
- Linux operating systems and associated technologies,
- enterprise backup and recovery procedures
- system performance-monitoring tools, active directories
- virtualization –vmware
- HTTP traffic, load balancing , proxy, DNS, WAF, ELK
- providing solutions for day to day system problems
- handle business-critical IT tasks and systems
- enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- partner with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science
- Experience installing, configuring, optimizing and hardening Unix / Linux servers. Ubuntu knowledge preferred.
- Experience with provisioning virtual machines using VMware/ESXi
- Provides ongoing systems admin support for customization, maintenance and troubleshooting of Linux systems.
- Experience developing bash scripts to automate and standardize system administration functions
- Provides support to address the availability and reliability issues on Linux systems across multiple sites.
- Experience planning and executing OS upgrades and patch installations
- Experience developing SOP implementation guides
- Active Directory integration for Linux systems
- Perform System Maintenance and backups
- Monitor System Performance and security
- Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure
Good to have
- MariaDB or MySQL database administration and support experience.
- Maintenance of Git or Jenkins setup
- Experience configuring and managing services such as NFS, httpd, or backup services
- Experience configuring network interfaces and OS-level firewalls
Non Technical requirements
- Communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Good problem solving
- Be self-directed
- Meet deadlines and deliverable.