Linux System Administrator
Permanent, Full time
About Us: SynOption Pte. Ltd. is a financial technology firm headquartered in Singapore, that plays a role in bringing more transparency and easing the way business is done in FX and Crypto options. It is a new institutional platform that allows clients to analyze and trade on FX Option instruments and strategies in a fair and transparent manner. Synoption is recognized as a Recognized / Licensed Market Operator by Monetary Authority of Singapore
The Unix/Linux System Administrator is a mid level position (5-8 yrs.) to maintain, backs up and troubleshoot Linux based OS. This position requires in depth knowledge and experience in
- Linux operating systems and associated technologies,
- enterprise backup and recovery procedures
- system performance-monitoring tools, active directories
- virtualization –vmware
- HTTP traffic, load balancing , proxy, DNS, WAF, ELK
- providing solutions for day to day system problems
- handle business-critical IT tasks and systems
- enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- partner with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science
- Experience installing, configuring, optimizing and hardening Unix / Linux servers. Ubuntu knowledge preferred.
- Experience with provisioning virtual machines using VMware/ESXi
- Provides ongoing systems admin support for customization, maintenance and troubleshooting of Linux systems.
- Experience developing bash scripts to automate and standardize system administration functions
- Provides support to address the availability and reliability issues on Linux systems across multiple sites.
- Experience planning and executing OS upgrades and patch installations
- Experience developing SOP implementation guides
- Active Directory integration for Linux systems
- Perform System Maintenance and backups
- Monitor System Performance and security
- Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure
Good to have
- MariaDB or MySQL database administration and support experience.
- Maintenance of Git or Jenkins setup
- Experience configuring and managing services such as NFS, httpd, or backup services
- Experience configuring network interfaces and OS-level firewalls
Non Technical requirements
- Communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Good problem solving
- Be self-directed
- Meet deadlines and deliverable.