Network and Security Architect
About Us: SynOption Pte. Ltd. is a financial technology firm headquartered in Singapore, that plays a role in bringing more transparency and easing the way business is done in FX and Crypto options. It is a new institutional platform that allows clients to analyze and trade on FX Option instruments and strategies in a fair and transparent manner. Synoption is recognized as a Recognized / Licensed Market Operator by Monetary Authority of Singapore
Role: Network and Security Architect
- Support, administration and installations/upgrades of network, routing, switches and firewall devices
- Maintaining and administering perimeter security systems, reports on incidents, vulnerabilities, and trends.
- Configuration, maintenance and upgrade for firewalls, VPN, anti-virus software, authentication systems, content filtering, etc.
- Design and implement firewall rules and manage ACLs in switching layer
- Vendor management for infra hardware and connectivity
- Troubleshooting and support for network problems remotely and on-site
- Documentation of network configurations and security
- Perform backup and upgrade of network appliances
- Support virtualization, storage, data replication and backup
- Monitor network activity to identify security and performance related issues
- Windows and Linux-based network devices, software tools troubleshooting/administration
- You can work from home or from office.
- Yearly travel to Singapore would be required.
- BS/BE degree in Computer Science, Telecom, Network or Cyber security related IT fields.
- 8+ proven work experience as a network security engineer
- Proven experience with firewall configuration and managements. (Palo Alto experience is a plus)
- Solid experience in managing Routers, Switches, Firewalls, VPN appliance, proxy, authentication servers, load balancer etc.
- Understanding of the internet/web technologies (HTTP, DNS, SMTP, FTP)
- Experience with Application Delivery Controllers and Network Access Controls
- Experience with Malware and Antivirus management and upgrades.
- Experience with network monitoring tools (eg. PRTG)
- Experience with Vulnerability Assessment tools (eg. Nesses, Qualys)
- Knowledge in hardening network-equipment (FW, switches)
- Experience with VMWare virtualization platform- configuring, provisioning, troubleshooting
- Ability to communicate and report network security incidents and issues to the upper management.
- Ability to work independently and under stress situations.