About Us: SynOption Pte. Ltd. is a financial technology firm headquartered in Singapore, that plays a role in bringing more transparency and easing the way business is done in FX and Crypto options. It is a new institutional platform that allows clients to analyze and trade on FX Option instruments and strategies in a fair and transparent manner. Synoption is recognized as a Recognized / Licensed Market Operator by Monetary Authority of Singapore
Summary: Strong python developer who has experience in design, development, debugging of multi-threaded large scale application with good understanding in data structures on Linux packaging, functional testing and deployment automation and superlative problem solving skills.
- Understand fundamental design principles and best practices for developing backend servers and web applications
- Gather requirements, scope functionality, estimate and translate those requirements into solutions.
- Implement and integrate software features as per requirements.
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle.
- Work in a product creation project and/or technology project with implementation or integration responsibilities, Improve an existing code base, if required, and ability to read source code to understand data flow and origin Design effective data storage for the task at hand and know how to optimize query performance along the way.
- Follow an agile methodology of development and delivery
- Strictly adhere to coding standards and internal practices; must be able to conduct review code
- Mentor and possibly lead junior developers
- Contribute towards innovation
- Performance optimization of apps
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Diagnose bugs and other issues in products
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Must have / Good to have:
- 4+ years experience with Core Python development
- Design and implementation of high-availability, and performant applications on Unix environment
- Good with multithreading and data structures
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Familiarity with database design, integration wiht applications and python packaging.
- Familiarity with functional testing and deployment automation frameworks
- Experience in development for 3-4 production ready application using Python as programming language
- Experience in writing unit test cases including positive and negative test cases
- Experience of CI/CD pipeline code deployment (Git, SVN, Jenkins or Teamcity)
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodology
- Very good problem-solving skills
- Experience with Web technologies is a plus
- Experience with ELK stack is a plus.